Saturday, March 14, 2015

My Happiest Moment By Alyssa Chen

My Happiest Moment

By Alyssa Chen

March 5,2015

            I slowly took my scarf off. "Karen Gong", "Hannah Ding", "Kaitlin Wong"… After waiting a while, I heard my friends' names. Then, my teacher started to say "Al…" I held my breath as she continued. "…yssa Chen" was so happy! Okay, let's start from the beginning.

            I was at Mission Center Performing Arts for the awards ceremony for my 2014 placement test. I was surprised that I was the only non-dance team "professional" in level 4. Before, I had auditioned for the dance team, but never joined. After waiting for all the dances to end and all certificates to be handed out, it was time for the professional awards. The Professional level is for classes levels four and up. In level four testing, if you get over 90 points or higher you are in the Professional level. Many people left, and my mom was totally convinced that I didn't make it. I convinced her to stay by saying "Please can I stay and see who gets the hundred bucks?" Then, she finally agreed and we stayed. First, they announced the graduates. Then, they announced the professional levels higher than mine. Finally, they were to announce professional level one. "Alyssa Chen" I heard my teacher announce in a formal voice. I was shocked, surprised, and extremely excited. I was so thrilled that l had made it to the professional level! I went home overjoyed with a medal and two certificates. After waiting for a while without much confidence, this turned out to be the best day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment