Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My Worst Ouch Story -By Miriam Chen

 My Family went to Death Valley with over ten families before Christmas last year. We rode on a tour bus for over two hours. I came out of the bathroom eager to smell the fresh air in Death Valley.
       
"Finally!" I thought. I got outside and took a deep breath. I looked around and dashed to find my friends nearby. As my friends and I walked around the sand dunes, my friend rolled down the dunes like a ball. Then when we got farther and farther into the dunes, we dug a hole big enough to fit a basketball just for fun. When we were about to be finished, our parents told us to head back to our bus and prepare to leave. Walking up the dunes was actually pretty challenging since you had to use lots of energy just to get up. On the concrete, where the bus parked, my shoes were filled with sand. I leaned on the rock next to me as big as a chair to empty out the sand. Once I was done, I lifted my head up and a rock came shooting like an arrow aiming for my face. Bang! The small rock struck me in the face right under my left eye. When I felt my face, it stung a bit. That's when I knew that a layer of skin had come off. My dad came rushing over and asked me if I was okay or not. I nodded slowly, but tears came out of my eyes. My dad gave me a hug, and we headed to the bus. On the bus I avoided eye contacted with other people.
        In case if you were wondering, it was a little boy that threw the rock. He was just throwing it randomly. In the end, he got in big trouble for hurting me. This was a painful moment and was one of my worst ouch stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment