Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Kennedy Space Center -by Sonny Lowe

            Okay, let’s hit the road! Hi, I’m Sonny and I’ve been on a wonderful trip. It would be a pleasure to share this experience with you. First off, I went with my entire family, which was my mom, dad, and sister, to Orlando, Florida’s Kennedy Space Center.

When we got there we went to the security check place and we put our bags on the machine. Nothing bad. We rushed to the bus tour place and hopped on a bus to go. The tour was a ten-minute tour, at least. On the tour we saw the pad launching area and it was so cool and really big. We saw another one but this time it was actually moving! The pads didn’t move on a normal day tour basis, but it did on ours. We were really lucky. We saw an eagle and its nest, too. The nest was only two meters wide and deep, not so big.

When we got to the museum and on the bus, everybody bobbled off. We rushed to the cafe and ate quickly. We rushed to the moon rock place but found out that we only found the one that you couldn't touch. We wanted the one that you could touch. We then rushed back to the bus and went back to the main space center.We were three minutes late for the astronaut presentation but didn’t miss much. The presentation was interesting and humorous. Wow, I can’t believe that I actually saw an actual astronaut in person! I also took a picture with him. I considered myself really lucky, not to brag.

We went to this show that was about this space shuttle Atlantis that I already knew about, but I never expected that we’d see the real thing, but we did! I took a million pictures and just couldn't stop. It’s just amazing. We then went to the gift shop and I bought five medallions and my sister bought a notebook. My dad wanted to buy a space pen, but we already had one so my mom told him he couldn’t.

Okie dokie, that was the end of that trip, and we had to go back to our hotel before it got dark, or else the alligators would come out. And that was the end of my wonderful trip!  

Image result for kennedy space center

No comments:

Post a Comment